My niece loves the park and ice cream --
just like me!
I keep hearing Oh you are so lucky to be pregnant now in the summer. To tell you the truth, I feel super lucky to be pregnant -- but summer has nothing to do with it. There's good and bad for us mamas in the warmest months. Let's start with the good news...
Top 5 Best Things About Being Pregnant in Summer
1. I can still fit into my flowing summer dresses and won't have to buy many maternity clothes (if any).
2. I can go for a walk outside or in the park (great exercise) and not be cooped up in the house like I would be if it was 5 below.
3. Summer sandals fit much better with my swollen ankles.
4. There's no snow and no ice outside for me to slip on.
5. Italian ices, Snow Cones, ice pops, and ice cream!
OK, ready for the worst things?
Top 5 Worst Things About Being Pregnant in Summer
- Those swollen ankles in sandals? Well, my feet look like sausages stuffed in and protruding over the ankle straps. Not cute.
- There's no snow on the ground to hide my throw up from my morning (noon and night) sickness that unexpectedly comes up when walking outside.
- I don't know about you, but I had some serious body odor because of my hormones in overdrive. I'm sweating in places I never thought possible. Stinky.
- I am officially a mama bear -- hair is sprouting up in places I never had hair before. What's up with my furry belly and knuckle hair? No bikini for me. And yes, I would totally have rocked a bikini.
- No sipping frozen margaritas at happy hour at an open air bar with friends. I know I can do virgin margaritas, but it's just not the same.
Don't get me wrong, I'm so happy to be a mama bear. Just wanted to shed some laughs on what this mama-to-be is feeling right now.
What about you? What do you think is the best and worst things about being pregnant in summer?