The end result, with her brother
My friend Cafe Sheri did a post recently -- 25 Random Things About My House -- riffing on Facebook's popular "25 Random Things About Me" meme. I loved it! I got to know a little bit more about her, and it made me want to see a whole lot more of her house, too. :)
I haven't joined in that particular bit of fun on Facebook, but in the spirit of sharing, um, a lot -- and for a little lighthearted Friday afternoon fun -- I thought I'd do a pregnancy-themed list of my own here.
25 Random Things About My Pregnancy
- Although I was expecting my second child, it was my first pregnancy.
- I was 38 when I got pregnant -- let's hear it for advanced maternal age!
- I delivered with a midwife, but I had an epidural.
- When the anesthesiologist put the needle in, he wasn't happy with the placement, so he had to take it out and start all over again.
- I never thought I'd be pregnant. I thought if I had kids I'd adopt. But watching my partner give birth made me want to have the experience myself.
- I did not enjoy buying maternity clothes -- I tried to get excited about it, but it was just too weird and I didn't think anything looked good on me.
- I was due on July 14th, Bastille Day, but was induced when the baby still hadn't shown up 13 days after the date.
- I craved a lot of beef and milk -- a burger and a milkshake was heaven.
- The most painful part of the entire experience was having my membranes stripped by my midwife in an attempt to bring on labor -- that HURT. Ouch.
- I threw up while I was in labor. It was totally beside the point.
- As was the case when we had our first child, I was obsessed with baby names.
- I thought I was having a boy, so it was a complete surprise when the doctor said it was a girl during my amnio.
- After the amnio, the doctor told me to go home, put my feet up, and have a glass of wine to relax my uterus. I did.
- We were renovating our house while I was pregnant, so we were living in a sublet and had to pack and move back into our home about a month before I delivered (in some ways, it was good that she was two weeks late!).
- I was in a meeting at work when I felt the baby move for the first time.
- Our son seemed like a big guy at the time, but he was really just shy of 16 months old when I got pregnant.
- Almost no one knew I was pregnant until I was in my second trimester.
- I stopped reading all of my pregnancy books about halfway through because they were making me so anxious.
- Once I was induced, things moved really quickly. It was time to push before I knew it.
- We painted the nursery a bright Tiffany blue.
- I didn't have bad morning sickness, but the heartburn was pretty killer.
- I seem to recall watching a LOT of "American Idol."
- We were so busy and overwhelmed with a toddler, and the renovation, and work -- sympathetic friends would run by the farmer's market on the weekend at the end of my pregnancy to pick up fruit and veggies for us and then bring it by. That was so sweet, and I still appreciate that they did it.
- My epidural took care of the pain, but I could still feel my contractions coming and I knew when to push.
- I'm so happy I did it.
Tell me some random things about your pregnancy -- I'd love to hear! Share a few details here or do a full list in Journals and include a link to the post below.