When you find out you're having twins, it's double the pleasure, but also double the work! Not only do you have to buy two of everything, you've got to think of two names. Two names you love, adore, and that go well together.
Looking for sweet girl names for your even sweeter daughters? Here are 20 sets of twin girl names that start with the same letter. (And even if you're only having one, there are some seriously cool names in here!)
1. Emily and Eleanor -- This incredibly popular name (number 7 in the U.S.) complements this throw-back name that's seeing a resurgence in popularity (number 106) perfectly.
2. Savannah and Sienna -- They're not twins, but actress Sienna Miller and her sister, Savannah, have names that go well together.
3. Natalie and Nicole -- Natalie, which means "Christmas Day," and Nicole, which means "victorious people," sound great together. Also, they make for cute nicknames: Nat and Nic.
4. Allison and Ashley -- Two popular names that each can be spelled in their own unique way (Alison, Allyson; Ashleigh, Ashlee).
5. Macy and Mackenzie -- The cool thing about Macy, which means "hill," and Mackenzie, which means "fire-born"? If the girls don't like having matching names when they get older, one can go by "Kenzie."
6. Vanessa and Violet -- Although Vanessa is the more common of the two, Violet shot up in popularity after Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner gave that name to their daughter.
7. Addison and Avery -- Both Addison and Avery continually make top 20 most popular girl name lists. Addison was at number 19 last year, while Avery was at number 12.
8. Beatrice and Bridget -- Bridget, which means "power, strength, vigor, virtue," complements the old-timey name Beatrice, which means "voyager, traveler" well. And again, Bea and Bridge are kinda cute.
9. Summer and Sunday -- Two somewhat uncommon beautiful names that evoke lazy, leisurely periods of time.
10. Heidi and Hannah -- Although neither of these names conjures images of exemplary women (Heidi Montag and Hannah Horvath, Lena Dunham's character on Girls), they make for very cute twin names.
11. Pippa and Phoebe -- Two adorable names that likely bring very specific people to mind: The Duchess of Cambridge's sister and Lisa Kudrow's character on Friends.
12. Lacey and Lucy -- Two sweet, very similar-sounding names. Lucy is the 66th most popular name in the US; Lacey is the 467th.
13. Reese and Rue -- Two cool names, belonging to two very different actresses: Reese Witherspoon and Rue McClanahan.
14. Elizabeth and Elodie -- To this day, Elizabeth, which is the 10th most popular name in the U.S., remains a classic, but Elodie is a budding star, showing up at number 32 on Nameberry's most popular girls' names list.
15. Ivy and Ida -- Beyonce gave her daughter Blue the middle name Ivy, which goes really well with the old-fashioned name, Ida.
16. Harper and Hailey -- Thanks to Victoria and David Beckham's daughter, Harper has become increasingly popular over the years (it's now at number 16 in the U.S.), and Hailey isn't that far behind (number 43) -- perhaps in part to rising star, Hailee Steinfeld.
17. Daphne and Delphina (or Delphine) -- Originally a Greek name, Americans are warming up to the name Daphne. It's currently the 397th most popular girls' name, which is the highest it's ever been. As for Delphina? It's a quintessentially French name derivative of the equally chic Delphine.
18. Sophia and Sadie -- Sophie, which is continually the number one most popular girls' name, complements Sadie, which is currently the 50th most popular girls' name, well.
19. Charlotte and Chloe -- If you don't mind your twin daughters' names not containing alliteration, Charlotte and Chloe are great choices that don't sound too matchy-matchy.
20. Scarlett and Stella -- The name Scarlett is almost as beautiful as the actress who's made it as pervasive as it is; and it goes nicely with the ever-popular, slightly cooler Stella, which has been in the top 100 for years now.
Which names do you like best?
Image via Donnie Ray Jones/Flickr/Corbis
I create a special savings account
I put a little away at a time
I cut corners until I can afford it
Save? Who has money to save?
I plan to put it on my credit card and love the benefits of the reward program