Blame celebrities, gourmet food trends, or Game of Thrones, but no matter the trailblazer, parents just keep getting bolder with baby names that run the gamut from the sublime to the totally bizarre! The proof is in the Social Security list includes over 1400 brand-new names, given for the very first time to five or more babies in the US. Nameberry compiled the Most Outrageous New Baby Names of 2013, guaranteed to make your jaw drop.
Here, 10 of the weirdest for both girls and boys ...
- Vanellope - Believe it or not, 63 baby girls were given this eyebrow-raising moniker which actually originates from Disney's 2012 animated flick Wreck-It Ralph.
- Pemberley - Eight little girls sport this name, which was the fictional country estate owned by Fitzwilliam Darcy in Jane Austen's novel Pride and Prejudice.
- Rarity - Not so rare, considering seven girls were given this name!
- Prezlee - It may look like the name of a snack, but six girls were given this unique spelling of the King's last name.
- Happiness - As many as eight girls will grow up with this name that sets the bar pretty darn high for the rest of their life, huh?
- Jceion - The creative variation of "Jason" was given to at least 10 little boys in 2013.
- Xzaiden - This Star Trek-ish name made its way onto the birth certificates of seven boys!
- Tuf - No one will question the strength of a kiddo with this trending name -- and there are at least eight of them!
- Psalms - Not just for the bible anymore!
- Subaru - At least five boys with this name are bringing a whole new meaning to parents loving their SUVs.
And be sure to check out the rest of the head-spinningly different babynames.
What's your favorite (or least!) wacky baby name of 2013?
Image via kmk7702/Flickr