Pregnancy is such a magical and wonderful time in a woman's life -- but it's pretty safe to say that some aspects of it are definitely easier than others. Every mom-to-be has good days and bad days and everything in between -- including those instances where you do whatever you have to just to make it through the day without having an emotional meltdown.
Oh come on, you know what I'm talking about, right? Those times when you try and convince yourself that everything is hunky-dory even though you know very well you're feeling the complete opposite?
On that note, here are 15 lies pregnant women tell themselves in an effort to make the darker side of those nine months more bearable.
- "This isn't morning sickness. Nope. No way. It's the shrimp I ate for dinner last night. Gotta be."
- "These pants still fit -- there's no need for maternity wear yet. It's probably just a little water weight."
- "I'm still hot as hell. Pregnancy is like ... the sexiest time in a woman's life. For sure."
- "I don't miss my wine. Actually, I'm enjoying the booze break. I probably won't even go back to drinking vino after the baby arrives."
- "I'm not tired at all -- and I'm SO going out on Saturday night."
- "Other pregnant chicks gain 10 pounds in a two-week period. I'm sure of it."
- "No one noticed that I accidentally just farted. And even if they did, who cares? They won't mind because I'm pregnant."
- "Flip-flops are totally in style in January. Even though it's 20 degrees outside."
- "I'm really not showing much at all."
- "The baby wants this second cheeseburger ... not me."
- "Look at that! I'm all baby. Haven't gained a pound anywhere else."
- "This is the one time in my life where I don't have to worry about my weight."
- "I can snap at my husband as much as I want right now. Hey, I'm the one carrying the kid, so he won't hold what I say against me."
- "Calling in with 'my feet hurt' is a perfectly acceptable excuse to skip work."
- "No woman's wedding ring fits when she's pregnant."
What lies do you tell yourself to help get you through the day?
Image via miss pupik/Flickr