One of the best parts of being pregnant is most definitely the moment when you can finally spill the beans that you're expecting. It's so much fun letting family and friends know that you have a bun in the oven -- and most of the time they're just as (if not more) delighted than you are with the news.
Who doesn't love a baby? Adding a new member to the family is a blessing no matter how you look at it -- but unfortunately, not everyone thinks that way. Seriously, some people have no filter.
Wait until you hear some of the meanest, wackiest, and downright uncalled for things that have been said to moms after telling people they're pregnant.
- I couldn't wait to call my grandfather and give him the big news, being that I'm his only granddaughter and all. When I told him I was pregnant, he said, "Oh. What ... are you trying to make me feel older?" Still haven't forgotten that phone call.
- I got married and pregnant when I was really young (I probably looked 17, even though I was older than that), and I actually had someone ask me if I was going to make my "boyfriend" marry me. I said that my husband probably wouldn't like that.
- "Was it planned?" (I'd been married for six or seven years.) "It's a miracle! We all thought you were unable to have babies."
- So my cousin and I were pregnant at the same time. I was married. She was not. Someone congratulated our very conservative grandfather on my pregnancy, and his response was, "Well, at least this one's legal." Gee, thanks Gramps.
- My ex-boyfriend's new girlfriend said, "Oh good. You will finally get fat."
- I know someone whose "friend" said: "Great. Just what the world needs. Another mouth to feed."
- My father more or less told me I was too old to be having a baby.
- When I was pregnant with my twins, my son was still a baby and people constantly told me "better you than me" and "you're carrying double trouble."
- My ex-mother-in-law said, "I was hoping that wouldn't happen."
- Both of my precious boys were surprises to me. With my first I was asked, "What are you going to do now??" And with my second I was asked, "You do know what causes pregnancy, right?"
- People could not believe that I would have the audacity to expect a baby in January!! If I had a nickel for every time someone told me, "That's a horrible time of year," I'd be rich!
- "Way to kill your marriage. You know you JUST got married -- you don't have to have a baby right away." These "friends" still stand by their statement.
- My HR officer said to me, "Wow. I hope this is your last one or your career will never recover."
- My mom responded with dropping her head down into her hands, dropping a nice F-bomb, and then looking at me and asking, "I can't believe you did this. Now what are you gonna do?"
- My best friend laughed out loud after I told her and said, "You have no idea how bad your life is gonna suck!" Then she laughed for another good five minutes or so.
More From Our Partners: The Most Confusing Gender Reveal EVER!
Did you get any negative reactions to your pregnancy news?
Image via Mrs. Flinger/Flickr