Pregnancy is all sorts of magical, life changing, and surreal -- but it's also a crazy roller coaster ride of emotions that never seems to slow down.
Let me guess ... ever since you found out you were expecting, your mood has been all over the place, right? One day you're hot, the next day you're cold. And then you're up, down, and everything in between. (Like that song.)
Yeah -- you're not alone. We've all been there.
More from The Stir: The Five Stages of Pregnancy Breasts
On that note -- here's my interpretation of the general progression of feelings women have from the beginning to the end of pregnancy.
1. You pee on the stick and wait three minutes. OMG. It's positive. OMGGGG!!!!!
2. And then you have to keep it a secret from everyone for a little bit longer, which really kind of sucks.
3. It's time. You're around eight weeks along -- and you're ready to shout your happy news from the rooftops to anyone who will listen.
4. And then morning sickness hits and you're convinced you're probably going to die.
5. And every time you see your husband, you secretly wish he were pregnant instead of you.
6. But then you enter your second trimester and you're all, "This is a piece of freakin' cake! I got this."
7. Everyone loves you and thinks you're adorable (and so do you) for the next three months. "Want to rub my bump? Sure thing!"
8. And then the third trimester sets in. Reality hits. And you're not impressed.
9. Then one day, your favorite maternity jeans don't fit anymore. All you can squeeze into is a track suit, and even that's pushin' it.
10. Your due date finally arrives, then passes. And all you can think is GET THIS BABY OUT OF ME!!!
What's been the most emotional part of being pregnant for you so far?
Image via Chiara Musiu/Flickr