Other than the fact that you're growing a child inside your uterus, most of the stuff people talk about in regards to pregnancy is a bit on the negative side. You know, the weight gain, the lack of being able to guzzle back a glass of wine or two each night, the hemorrhoids, morning sickness, and so on and so forth.
But when you step back and think about it for a second, pregnancy is actually pretty freakin' amazeballs -- or at least there are certain parts of it we should probably be celebrating instead of whining and complaining over and over again.
And while I might be a tad biased, because I had a pretty great and easy pregnancy, something tells me every mom has at least a few things she looks back on fondly during the long nine months she surrendered her body to another human being.
More from The Stir: Dos & Don'ts for Husbands of Pregnant Women
On that note, here are 25 pretty wonderful things about being pregnant.
- Nobody looks at you and thinks, "Gee. She's obviously had a few too many good meals lately." When you're preggo, the number going up on the scale is a good thing.
- Going to bed at 7 p.m. is perfectly acceptable, if not encouraged.
- You're a walking sympathy ad. People can't help but offer you their seat, open your door, help you carry things, etc.
- Your boobs get HUGE. And it rocks.
- You can eat whatever you want (except the forbidden stuff) whenever you want. I double dog dare anyone to say something to you about it.
- You're practically expected to be lazy. Go ahead and put your feet up and read Hollywood trash magazines all day. No one will fault you for it.
- Since you keep getting bigger, you have to go shopping all the time for new clothes that fit. Valid excuse to spend money = kick ass.
- The special reserved parking spot for pregnant women at the grocery store. Nuff said.
- When you call in sick to work, no one will question whether or not you're actually driving the porcelain bus.
- Your husband is extra nice and attentive to you. (And if he's not, you can tell him off without sounding like a bitch.)
- People tell you how great you look. All the time.
- "I don't feel like it" or "I'm too tired" are totally legit excuses for not working out.
- Unless you're really passionate about it, you don't have to work out at all.
- You don't have to worry about whether or not your skinny jeans are going to fit after splurging on fast food.
- Requesting a foot massage is not only no big deal, it's also a necessity.
- You have doctors appointments all the time, which means you get out of work way more often than if you weren't pregnant.
- People throw you parties with lots of presents and cake -- and it's not even your birthday.
- Your skinny friends don't make you feel like a failure anymore. They're not pregnant, so you win by default.
- Flip-flops are considered acceptable footwear for ANY occasion.
- You get to wear pants with an elastic waist every single day.
- No one will ever accuse you of showing too much cleavage. You can't help it that you've gone up three cup sizes. It's the baby's fault.
- You won't have one single hangover for nine months. (Hopefully.)
- Your sex drive goes through the roof. (Which I guess could be a blessing or a curse ...)
- The first thing people think when they see you is, "Aww! How wonderful!"
- Your hair is way more full and gorgeous than it's ever been -- and it's growing like crazy thanks to your prenatal vitamins.
What do you love most about pregnancy?
Image via 145/Ocean/Corbis; Image via JFCreatives/cultura/Corbis