If the next generation is going to have a massive entitlement complex -- blame the parents. For it seems to start right at birth. Once was a time when children were seen and not heard -- but now they are seen, heard, and worshipped. If you're wondering who wears the pants in today's families, check the crib. She's the boss. He's the king. Literally. His name is King. Hers is Boss. I'm not making this up. These are both names that rose in popularity last year. "Narcissistic" baby names are all the rage now. Remember the judge who ordered baby Messiah's name changed? Hardly seems fair given that 811 children were named Messiah last year! Here's some more of the most popular "narcissist" baby names.
Yes, all of those names actually appear in the Social Security name database -- and not just once or even twice! Experts say that parents now teach that the world revolves around their children -- and pick a name accordingly.
Here's 11 more names I suspect that we might see in the next few years.
1. Kate Middleton. If you're going to name your little girl "Princess" might as well take it one step further. Imagine the royal treatment this tyke will get! Until, you know, people realize she's just a big faker and make fun of her.
2. Selfie. Nothing says "totally self-absorbed" like the selfie and now your precious bundle's name can say it too!
3. Fame Whore. You'd think having "whore" in your child's name might be a disadvantage, but not when you combine it with "Fame." Who doesn't love a fame whore? The Kardashians have made millions off of it.
4. God. Let's just call a spade a spade, shall we?
5. Genius. I can hear it now. "But you can't give my son a D! He's Genius!"
6. Number One. No one will ever be in doubt where this kid stands. Least of all the kid.
7. Best. He's simply the best ... better than allll the rest ... because he came out of myyyy vaaagina!
8. Supreme. No, she is not named after the Diana Ross group! How dare you! My child is a million times more fabulous than that talentless hack!
9. Christmas. Yes, darling, this holiday was named after you. It's all for yoooouuuuu.
10. Walmart. Yes, of course all of those stores are named after you, darling.
11. Life. This is what she is. Life. Without her, there is no ... life. Are you alive? Thank my child. Seriously, folks, when Life is introduced anywhere, people can say, "And now I give you ... Life!"
Have you run across any kids with a "narcissistic" name?
Image via Serendipity Hill Studio/Etsy
Pens, pencils, markers, etc.