What are you planning on doing during the last month of your pregnancy? Let me guess -- making sure everything is ready for your baby's arrival, and also squeezing in as much extra rest as possible. Sound about right?
Well, you may wind up feeling kind of lazy after hearing about six women who weren't about to let being pregnant stop them from achieving some pretty amazing feats of strength.
1. Emily Jackson won a kayaking competition -- and she's nine months pregnant. Yep. She's due on July 19, but that didn't stop her from braving the rapids in Idaho and taking home her second Women’s World Kayaking Champion title.
Don't believe she's for real? Check out her fancy skills in this video clip. (She's the third kayaker featured in the clip.)
(Good grief! When I was nine months pregnant, I can remember getting winded simply from walking up and down the stairs. And here she is doing underwater flips in a kayak!)
2. Last July, Nur Suryani Mohd Taibi became the "most pregnant Olympian ever" when she competed in the women's 10-meter air rifle games. She didn't wind up winning the gold, but still deserves a huge round of applause.
3. In 2011, Amber Miller ran the Chicago Marathon during her 39th week of pregnancy, then went to the hospital to give birth after crossing the finish line.
4. Shanyn Tuftee is competing in the 2013 CrossFit Games -- even though she's 30 weeks pregnant.
5. And did you hear about Trish Staine, who was training for a marathon and went to the ER with a pulled muscle that turned out to be labor pains? Talk about a shocking diagnosis.
6. Kristie Moore was another pregnant Olympian, having competed as a curler on Team Canada back in 2010.
Can you imagine doing something as strenuous as these women while pregnant?
Image via mccallrealestate/YouTube