Spring is here! Yayyyyy!!! Though you wouldn't really know it by these still-chilly temps here in the Northeast. But the calendar says it arrived March 20, so I'll just have to give it the benefit of the doubt. Anyway, if you're pregnant, you're probably leafing (leafing? get it?) through baby name books, trying to come up with the all-important NAME that your little human will carry around for the rest of its life. Unless he/she changes it 'cause you were a really bad name picker. Anyhoo, no pressure. So perhaps you're thinking of a nice spring-like name for your nice spring-like baby. So, lucky you, I came up with some!
Here are 30 names inspired by spring.
- Tulip/Iris/Rose/Laurel or just about any flowery "so-bouquet"
- Jade/Emerald/Olive or anything greeny
- Robin (boy or girl)
- Avril (no, not Avril Lavigne -- April in French!)
- Chloe/Khloe (no, not a Kardashian -- it's Greek for "green shoot")
- Spring (hey, why not just say what you mean?)
- Cherry (as in cherry blossom)
- Laverna/Laverne (French for born in spring)
- Paris (nothing like Paris in the springtime!)
More from The Stir: 52 Wackiest Celeb Baby Names of All Time
- Thoreau (as in Henry David Thoreau, famous naturalist)
- Walden (his famous book)
- Vernal (as in Equinox)
- Springsteen (not Bruce, you silly muffins! Although that's a bonus)
- Frost (as in Robert, who wrote many famous spring-inspired poems)
- Blake (as in William -- he did too)
- Leaf (not Garrett!)
And then there's always Allergies (jooooke)
Do you like any of these names?
Image via Promanex/Flickr