11 Questions You Should Never Ask a Pregnant Woman
Why is it that people think the minute you announce your pregnancy, it automatically gives them a free pass to pry into your personal life? Seriously, it's like as soon as you're sporting a baby bump, friends, acquaintances, and even random strangers think it's perfectly acceptable to ask you a gazillion questions that are totally none of their business.
I mean, Kim Kardashian is already being asked what she will name her baby, and she's barely out of her first trimester -- and she has to be pretty annoyed about it. I know I was when I was pregnant with my son. There were times when I swore if one more person asked me what I was planning on calling my little guy, I would not-so-politely look them straight in the eye and say, "That's none of your damn business!"
And being asked about baby names is only the tip of the iceberg. Here are 10 other rude questions people just can't seem to resist asking pregnant women. (For the record, the prying really needs to stop.)
- "Do you know what you're having?" (Ok, so I'm guilty of asking this question too. But seriously, it's none of my business.)
- "Oh, you're having a boy/girl. Is that what you wanted?" (Really, people?!?)
- "C'mon, spill. How/when/where did you and your husband conceive that baby?" (Yes, someone dared to go there with me.)
- "How much weight have you gained so far?" (Followed by: "Oh, really? Wow.")
- "Are you planning on breastfeeding?" (Be prepared for judgement no matter what your answer is.)
- "It's ok, you can tell me. Are you and your husband still having sex even though you're pregnant?" (At least 10 people asked me this when I was expecting.)
- "Did you plan on getting pregnant, (lowers voice to a whisper) or was it an accident?"
- "Is your husband happy about the baby?" (Um, WTF?)
- "How do you plan on losing the baby weight?" (Geez, can I get through the pregnancy first and then worry about it?)
- "So, how long are you going to wait before having another one?" (Again, let's get through this pregnancy first, and then we'll talk.)
What questions do you wish people would quit asking you about your pregnancy?
Image via jamieanne/Flickr
Piping Hot Posts