People never cease to amaze me. When I was pregnant, someone I know casually (not even a total stranger!) commented on my size -- she touched my belly, looked at me with grave concern, and said "You're so small! I mean, is everything OK?" I was floored. Like, if things aren't OK with this pregnancy, I don't want to talk to you about it....
There's a thread about rude comments in Pregnancy, too -- I've checked it out and compiled a few chestnuts. Here are a few of the things some super-clueless people have said to us pregnant gals.
Rude Comments While Pregnant
- "When were you due, like, yesterday?"
- "I bet you're liking those boobs! They look nice cause she's pregnant, but they probably won't after she has the baby." (To the husband of a mom-to-be while they were out shopping.)
- "You look too young to be having a baby...."
- "How much weight have you gained?"
- "Are you SURE there's just one in there?"
- "Teen pregnancy is destroying our nation -- you shouldn't be thinking about sex, let alone having a baby." (To a married 21-year-old mama.)
- "God, you're gigantic."
- "Is she pregnant AGAIN?" (Overheard.)
- "Are you sure there's a baby in there?" (To a first-time mama not showing in a big way.)
- "Your boobs were huge to start with -- man, what will they look like in the coming months?!"
- "If you get any bigger, you won't fit into the shower."
- "You are TOO ROUND for us to be doing the nasty anymore."
- "Are you going to be eating those all by yourself?" (To a mom buying donuts at the grocery store.)
- "I'm sure your baby's going to come early -- there's no way you could make it all the way to your due date." (The mama politely asked the woman to see her medical degree.)
So, tell me -- what's the rudest thing someone has said to you while pregnant?