Jasper and Magnolia
Wow, Thanksgiving already! Has this year flown by. I'm psyched as always for the food-fest, but I'm happy to take a minute to think about the context for all of this, too. I have a lot to be thankful for -- big and small -- and I am. I am.
Here's what's on my list.
Things I'm Thankful For
- My two gorgeous, funny kids. They teach me a lot -- about priorities, about playfulness, about taking pleasure in the little things.
- A loving, supportive partner and family.
- Our friends and family who came to California to witness the wedding festivities.
- Our little house and garden.
- Spicy Tex-Mex and Margaritas on the rocks.
- A good night's sleep.
- Amy's Organic frozen pizza -- kid-food in a hurry!
- Being able to write about pregnancy -- it's such an amazing, magical time in a woman's life! (And I love hearing from all of you.)
- The thousands of kinds of yummy cheese in the world.
- The natural high I still get when I hop on an airplane and wind up someplace else in the world.
- That my grandparents are still living and have been able to meet their great-grandchildren.
- That my mom always told me I could do anything I wanted -- anything -- and I hope I'll give that same gift to my kids, too.
Happy Thanksgiving, mamas! And tell me -- what are you thankful for?