She seems to have had a fairly easy pregnancy thus far, but now Snooki is pretty bummed out about developing stretch marks -- a dreaded phenomenon that every pregnant woman absolutely despises. Nothing quite says, "Bye, bye pre-baby body!" like unsightly red stripes that make you look like you've been clawed by some sort of animal.
Snooki voiced her concerns about her changing body on Twitter and said, "I was praying to go thru this pregnancy w/ no stretch marks & KEWL there starting to come! Moisturizing my tummy like crazy!!!"
Luckily for Snooks, it sounds like she's on the right track to keeping those pesky marks at bay as much as she possibly can. I can remember slathering my growing belly with body butter in the hopes that I would somehow escape the stretch mark monster -- and believe it or not, it worked. Even though I put on a whopping 50 pounds, I managed to come out of pregnancy without one single stretch mark. I'm assuming this had something to do with the butter, though I can't be 100 percent sure.
However, if Snooki really wants to make sure her tummy stays Jersey Shore ready, here are a few tips for preventing stretch marks from developing any further.
1. Using oil with vitamin E -- Moisturizing is good, but oils keep the skin even more supple, and help stop stretch marks from appearing.
2. Drink plenty of water -- Keeping the skin hydrated is essential, so the more water you drink, the better.
3. Diet & exercise -- Staying fit and eating a diet rich in fruits and vegetables will help keep your weight in check, and the less you gain, the less chance there is of getting more stretch marks.
4. Cocoa butter -- If Snooki does decide to stick to a moisturizer, she should choose one with cocoa butter for the most effective prevention against stretch marks.
5. Massage -- Massage improves circulation, which helps maintain skin elasticity, so getting a pregnancy massage once in a while can't hurt.
Have you had to deal with stretch marks yet during your pregnancy?
Image via Pacific Coast News