Hands down, one of the best parts of being pregnant is when you reach the point where you can finally share the happy news with others. Keeping such an exciting secret is so tough, and that's why it's so much fun to finally shout "I'm pregnant!" from the rooftops and see all of the happy reactions from family and friends.
But sometimes we don't exactly get the over-the-top ecstatic response that we're expecting -- or at least I definitely didn't from one very important person. My own grandfather made me feel like total crap after I broke the news to him over the phone. (Yes, as much as I love him, I'm still annoyed seven years later.)
Soooo -- want to know what dear old Gramps said to me? After I blurted out, "I'm pregnant!" his exact words were:
"Oh. I guess you're trying to make me feel older."
I don't remember what my response to him was after hearing that comment -- but I do know I felt as though he'd burst my bubble. I know he didn't mean any harm or anything like that, but his words were still a total buzz kill. (And I'll never forget them.)
More from The Stir: 5 Hilarious & Heartwarming Reactions to Pregnancy Announcements (VIDEOS)
But there are plenty of other things no pregnant woman ever wants to hear after sharing her big news -- such as anything similar to these 15 comments.
1. "Is it mine? Oh, really? Are you sure?"
2. "Time to break out the fat clothes!"
3. "Well, I guess your life is officially over then ... [followed by bouts of uncontrollable laughter]."
4. "Does this mean you're going to quit your job?"
5. "Gee. I guess you & the hubby were REALLY busy on your honeymoon."
6. "WHAT?! How could you let something like this happen?"
7. "Are you NUTS? You're way too young/old to have a baby!"
8. "Huh. Have you told the father yet? Do you think he'll be ok with it?"
9. "Do you even know who the father is?"
10. "Ok -- so when are you two getting married, then?"
11. "How do you think you're going to afford a kid on your salary?"
12. "When your father hears about this, he's going to lose his mind."
More From The Stir: 12 Terrible Ways to Congratulate a Woman on Her Pregnancy
13. "Oh no! Did the condom break? What are you going to do?!"
14. "Ugh! Does this mean you can't drink with me anymore? Thanks a lot."
15. "I wondered why you've been looking so rough lately."
Did you get any bad reactions when you announced your pregnancy?
Image via shutterstock