Congrats! Now, allow me to insult you...In the grand scheme of things, pregnancy is awesome. You're growing a brand new life inside of you; you have an approximate date of when your world will be forever changed; and you have silly realizations, like -- "Holy crap, I'm yet to meet one of the most important people in my life." But ... it's not so easy to keep a "grand scheme" kind of perspective on a day-to-day basis. Pregnancy can be tough. And some people, God bless 'em, make it tougher just by opening their pie holes. Of course they don't mean to irritate anybody with the things they say, but, well, let's be honest, it isn't that difficult to irritate a pregnant woman.
We know you don't mean any harm, but just to be safe, here are 23 things you should never say to a pregnant woman.
1. "Oh my God, I feel so fat today. I'm wearing my size 4s instead of my 2s."
2. "Is it just me or is this drink really strong? Taste -- oops, sorry."
More from The Stir: 5 Reasons I'm Already a Terrible Mom
3. "Ahhhhh, I had the best sleep last night."
4. "I'm thinking sushi for dinner."
5. "I'm thinking deli for lunch."
6. "Let's take the stairs."
7. "Let's walk."
8. "I can't believe bathing suit season is right around the corner. Ack!"
9. "Hey, can you help me move this Saturday?"
10. "Did you see how quickly Jessica Alba got her pre-baby body back?"
11. "Oh my God, you should totally come with us tonight -- you don't mind being a designated driver, right?"
12. "I actually think the extra weight suits you."
13. "Bad day? Nothing a piping hot shower can't fix."
14. "Bad day? Nothing a glass of wine can't fix."
15. "Are you having twins?"
16. "My friend's baby died in the last week of pregnancy."
17. "My friend had her baby in the car on the way to the hospital."
18. "I hope the baby looks like her daddy!"
19. "Who is the daddy?"
More from The Stir: 3 Reasons Having a Girl Terrifies Me
20. "You say you don't want an epidural now, but wait until you're in labor -- excruciating!"
21. "You're getting an epidural? Interesting."
22. (While you're eating) "Nom, nom, nom ..."
23. "You're tired now? Wait 'til the baby's born!"
What rude things did people say to you when you were pregnant?
Image via www.photographybyjoelle.com/Flickr