What's better than a pregnant celebrity? A pregnant celebrity baring it all on the cover of a magazine. Perfect hair, perfect lighting, perfectly round, sexy baby bump. Gorgeous.
Sort of seems like it's a dying art, though -- busting out a belly on the cover of Harper's Bazaar or InStyle. Is it because it was done too much? Is it now passe? Are today's famous mamas-to-be more reserved than the ones from yesteryear? Whatever the reason, I miss it. Especially as a woman who's expecting herself.
So, I resorted to the archives on the Internet. Here are, in my opinion, the five greatest pregnant magazine covers of all time. (I know you know who number one is ...)
5. Cindy Crawford on the cover or W Magazine. I'm a sucker for black and white -- and for Cindy Crawford. Yeah, she's a supermodel, but she looks so fit and strong in this photo. Totally ready for a baby.
4. Britney Spears on the cover of Harper's Bazaar. I love this cover -- and by no means am I the world's biggest Britney Spears fan. I just like her positioning -- forward-facing as opposed to the oft-used side pose. And I love that she's got a big ol' pile of jewels around her neck. Pregnancy glam.
3. Halle Berry on the cover of InStyle. First of all, the fact that she's clothed -- in a gorgeous white dress -- sets this cover apart from the others in and of itself. But Halle is just glowing here. She looks so womanly and happy. Pregnancy personified.
2. Patrick Dempsey on the cover of Life. Okay, so the celeb in this photo isn't the pregnant one, but come on. How sexy is this?
1. Demi Moore on the cover of Vanity Fair. I know, it's predictable, but I'm sorry -- this is the best pregnant celeb magazine cover of all time. It was the original, and in my opinion, there is yet to be a woman to do it better.
What's your favorite "pregnant celeb" magazine cover? Did you have photos of yourself taken while pregnant?