Ah, pregnancy. It's a beautiful time, isn't it? The little life you have growing inside of you, the glow you get, the skinny jeans and generous glasses of pinot noir you have to eschew. Okay, so perhaps what I should have said is pregnancy is both a beautiful and frustrating/ugly/weird time. Don't get me wrong, I feel incredibly grateful to be carrying a baby inside me -- and a healthy one at that -- but, I cannot tell a lie: There are some real pain-in-the-ass things about being knocked up.
Here are 20 things that really suck about being preggers.
20. Gaining weight. The most obvious of all. Bye-bye skinny, acid-washed jeans. It's been real. See ya on the other side.
19. Acne. What the ... haven't seen you since high school.
18. Backaches. Okay, so not only do I look like a hormonal teenager, I feel like a 90-year-old woman.
17. Tiring way too easily. I live on the third floor, people. No elevator.
16. Not being able to drink. No comment.
15. Not being able to eat deli meat, sushi, and most seafood. To be honest, I'm still unclear on what seafood I can and can't eat. So I've just been eating none.
14. Two words: Pregnancy Brain.
13. Feeling inexplicably lonely sometimes. Cue the tiny violins.
12. Not being able to sleep on your stomach. Haven't experienced this yet, but this is nightmare incarnate for me!
11. Swollen ankles. The one downside to getting exercise via walking a lot. (In addition to the backache and feeling exceptionally tired)
10. The constant thought in the back of your head that says, "You're going to be a terrible parent!" Please tell me that's not just me.
9. Feeling old. Becoming a parent seems so ... mature.
8. The mood swings. I can admit that I have them now when I'm all calm and relaxed, but it's definitely my husband's fault when I'm in the midst of one.
7. The unsolicited advice. Please don't judge me because I want one of those tent things for when I need to breastfeed in public. I'm not comfortable with the world seeing my tatas.
6. The worrying about money. Now that I think of it, $125 does seem a little much for highlights.
5. The having to pee. Non. Stop.
4. The having to drink water. Non. Stop. Not helping the peeing thing.
3. The weird dreams. Um, yeah ...
2. The feeling like a pain in restaurants. I hate to be that girl, but I'm not supposed to eat runny eggs, right?
1. The waiting! I want my baby already!
What things did you love/hate most about being pregnant?
Image via seanmcgrath/Flickr
Going to baseball games
Riding bike rides in the nice weather
Playing outside after work/school
Going for walks outside