Beyonce is dropping hints that she may be pregnant sooner rather than later. In a recent interview with Piers Morgan, the singer made it known that she and hubby Jay-Z may be ready for parenthood.
"I always said I was going to have a baby at 30. I'm 29 now," she told him, opening herself up to what will likely be the biggest baby bump watch of the moment.
While celebrity pregnancies are always exciting, hers would be particularly great to see, as she would be such a great mother. She seems like such a natural and has so much to pass on to a child. Here are five reasons Beyonce would be a great mother:
1. The music must go on. Can you imagine the musical genes this child would inherit with parents as talented as Beyonce and Jay-Z? They are pretty much obligated to the human race to reproduce.
2. She's strong and independent. Though she married one of the most famous rappers of all time, she has maintained and continued to skyrocket her own career. She'd be a fabulous role model for any child.
3. She's grounded. She and Jay-Z aren't out causing trouble and grabbing headlines for all sorts of rowdy or destructive behavior. As she told Morgan, "Jay and I have kind of made a decision that we want to be known for our music and not our relationships or scandals."
4. She loves kids. Every time rumors pop up that she is pregnant (even though she isn't), plenty of friends and family have come forward talking about what a great mom she'll be and how she adores the children in her life.
5. The kids are going to look good. This maybe shallow, but true. From the good-looking genes to her sense of style, these are going to be some fun kids to watch. Watch out, Suri, your reign as most-watched celebrity child may soon be over.
Of course, nothing is certain yet. She continued, "But I also said I was going to retire at 30. So I don't know, I am not retiring, I tell you." So we'll just have to watch and see.
Do you think Beyonce would be a great mother?
Image via Pex Cornel/Flickr