While motherhood is wonderful, incredible, amazing, and all sorts of other good things, it can also be excruciating, exhausting, and just flat-out unbelievable. Sometimes all you can do is laugh at the insanity of it all. Whether it's with yourself or at yourself doesn't really matter.
Since we already visited the best Mother's Day Quotes That Will Make You Cry, here are some that reflect more of the humor of the job. The following 12 quotes are guaranteed to at least make you chuckle.
1. "A suburban mother's role is to deliver children obstetrically once, and by car for ever after." -- Peter De Vries
2. "I want my children to have all the things I couldn't afford. Then I want to move in with them." -- Phyllis Diller
3. "Mothers are all slightly insane." -- J.D. Salinger
4. "Mothers are fonder than fathers of their children because they are more certain they are their own." -- Aristotle
5. "If evolution really works, how come mothers only have two hands?" -- Milton Berle
6. "It kills you to see them grow up. But I guess it would kill you quicker if they didn't." -- Barbara Kingsolver
7. "My mother never saw the irony in calling me a son-of-a-bitch." -- Jack Nicholson
8. "When your mother asks, 'Do you want a piece of advice?' it is a mere formality. It doesn't matter if you answer yes or no. You're going to get it anyway." -- Erma Bombeck
9. "There is only one pretty child in the world, and every mother has it." -- Chinese Proverb
10. "It would seem that something which means poverty, disorder, and violence every single day should be avoided entirely. But the desire to beget children is a natural urge." -- Phyllis Diller
11. "My mother had a great deal of trouble with me, but I think she enjoyed it." -- Mark Twain
12. "It takes a woman twenty years to make a man of her son, and another woman twenty minutes to make a fool of him." -- Helen Rowland
What are your favorite humorous quotes about motherhood?
Image via cote/Flickr