When it comes to baby names, celebrities are hands-down the most creative parents. But the town/city/country trend -- with coolest celeb offspring Kingston Rossdale being the exception -- is getting a little old. I believe Cougar Town's Laurie Keller was on the money when she declared last names as first names the sexiest trait in a potential mate.
Forget Brooklyn, Bronx, and Alabama. Here, in no particular order, are the top 10 coolest celeb monikers that could easily be surnames:
1. Flynn. This one is my fave for obvious reasons (it's my maiden name!), but Joe Bloom just wouldn't have the same ring to it. Way to go, Miranda Kerr and Orlando Bloom!
2. Harlow. Harlow is one cool name, especially because it's a nod to 1930s screen siren Jean Harlow. And with a fashionable mom like Nicole Richie -- who named both her jewelry and clothing line after her daughter -- she's destined to be one stylin' babe.
3. Marlowe. My theory is hipster dad Jason Schwartzman named his newborn daughter after fictional private eye Philip Marlowe of The Big Sleep.
4. Sawyer. The Talk co-host Sara Gilbert chose this for her daughter, while TV co-anchor Erica Hill bestowed it upon her little boy. It's also the name of fictional miracle baby Sawyer Scott, born to One Tree Hill's Lucas and Peyton.
5. Lennon. Oasis vocalist Liam Gallagher appropriately named his son after his idol, John Lennon.
6. Presley. Cindy Crawford's son is so gorgeous he even inherited his mom's trademark mole!
7. Beckett. Perhaps as a nod to Irish dramatist Samuel Beckett, this boy's name was chosen by several cool celebs: Melissa Etheridge, Stella McCartney, and Conan O'Brien.
8. Wyatt. Goldie Hawn's only child with Kurt Russell is Wyatt, younger half-brother of Oliver and Kate Hudson. Wyatt is also the moniker of Sheryl Crow's son.
9. Wilder. Speaking of Oliver Hudson, the handsome Rules of Engagement star's little guy is Wilder Brooks Hudson. Isn't that dashing?
10. Emerson. General Hospital star Rebecca Herbst recently named her son Emerson, but it's even sweeter as a girl's name. Case in point: Teri Hatcher's daughter, Emerson Rose.
Any of these strike your fancy? Have you given your bundle of joy a last name?
Image via 3isthemagicno/CafeMom