Back to Top
  • Look at his shrunken, melted limbs.

  • Advertisement
  • Mease at least hoped her kids would laugh at the mishap, but she says her son was crushed.

    "[My son] got his little heart broken. I seriously suck," she wrote. "Soooo ... guess what I'm doing today? I'm having to scramble and find the other elf we have, and then I have to call Santa (in front of the kids) and ask him if he will please pick Elfis [the burned elf] up tonight. Ya know, since he is unable to make it to the North Pole to get fixed because his head literally popped off from being too hot once we pulled him out of the oven and his feet are completely melted off."

  • If there's a silver lining to this elf-tastrophe, it's that Mease's post has thousands of other parents like:


    The post has been shared more than 50,000 times and has over 25,000 comments. Some are sharing their own funny elf mishaps -- like one woman who wrote that her dog devoured their elf -- but for the most part, people are just tagging their spouses and partners, because Elf on the Shelf is not for the weak, and honestly, this could have happened to any of us.

christmas