Firefighters' Urgent Warning After Elf on the Shelf Mistake Almost Burns Down a House

Burned Elf on the Shelf
DubFireBrigade/Twitter

It doesn't matter if you get into the spirit or find it more of a chore, moving your kid's Elf on the Shelf can get tedious for parents. While some parents get inspired at night, others wake up way before their kiddos to figure out a new spot, and it's added pressure to get creative day after day. But as everyone is running out of ideas, firefighters are warning parents to be careful with where they are stashing these elves. 

Advertisement

After a family's Elf on the Shelf almost burned down their home, the Dublin Fire Brigade shared a scary photo of the scorched toy for an important reason. "Close one for this #ElfOnAShelf after she ended up on a lamp," they captioned the photo. "The Elf resisted heat for 40 minutes. Keep all decorations away from heat."

More from CafeMom: Mom Shares Urgent Hatchimals Warning After Her Girl Suffers Chemical Burns

Burned Elf on the Shelf
DubFireBrigade/Twitter

Yes, it's a pretty great feeling when you come up with a fabulous new idea for your kids' beloved Elf, but don't take a chance near lamps, lights, or candles. Luckily the parents weren't asleep when the Elf caught on fire, which would have caused a much more serious situation. Since nobody was harmed (except for the poor Elf and her destroyed bottom), some can't help but poke fun at the Elf's expense. 


DubFireBrigade/Twitter

Let this Elf and her injury serve as a reminder to parents as they get ready to pull out all the stops before the final days leading up to Christmas, as well as those who are sick of the damn toys and are ready to stick them just about anywhere (even near a lamp or twinkling lights). 

Read More >