7-Year-Old Saves Her Family From Fire By Doing One Simple Thing (VIDEO)

dryerA 7-year-old girl from Oregon is being hailed a hero this week after saving her family from a house fire that broke out in the middle of the night on Sunday.

Somewhere around 2 a.m., Alexis Osburn woke up because she had to go to the bathroom. But when she opened her door and looked out into the hallway, she noticed it was filling up with smoke. And while most 7-year-olds probably would've started panicking and screaming, Alexis took immediate action to ensure her family's safety.


She began pounding on her father's bedroom door until he woke up. And because of her quick thinking, Alexis, her father, his girlfriend, son, and even the dog all made it out of the house safely.

It turns out a dryer was the culprit, as you will hear more about in this video clip.


Aww. What a sweet, brave little girl! She's definitely a hero, just like her dad says, and I can only hope and pray that my own 7-year-old would react the same way if he were faced with a similar situation.

I've always worried a bit about what would happen if a fire occurred in our home, because he usually will not come out of his room at night alone. He always calls for me, whether he needs to use the bathroom, is having a bad dream, or for pretty much any reason. And while my husband and I are good about changing the batteries in our smoke detectors regularly, accidents do happen, and I'd be lying if I said the thought of a fire doesn't make me nervous.

But maybe I can use this story as a teaching tool to remind my little guy of the importance of fire safety -- and to remind him to always come to us if he thinks he or anyone else is in danger.

How do you think your child would react in the event of an emergency like this?


Image via KPTV

Read More >