Sure, many women admit they occasionally come up with excuses to get out of having sex. But there are also often legitimate reasons why they don't want to get it on. And while we're at it, let's clear up an ugly little gender myth here ... Women aren't the only ones saying "no" to sexytimes. Men are just as guilty of making excuses! And, believe it or not, also have their reasons for abstaining.
Here, 20 actual reasons a guy may say "no" to a bedtime romp ...
- He's suffering from poor body image/feels out of shape.
- He ate too much.
- He's gassy from eating too much or what he ate. (Having taken milk pills means nothing!)
- He had a groin injury and/or surgery recently.
- He isn't over a fight you had and doesn't want to hurt you with hate sex.
- He's angry about something he has yet to bring up -- and doesn't want to hurt you with hate sex.
- He may be in the mood for a less conventional sort of sex play and is not ready to talk to you about that/do that with you. (Also known as Real Life Christian Grey Complex.)
- He's suffering from low self-esteem.
- He's feeling anxious about money.
- He's feeling anxious about work.
- He's coping with seasonal depression.
- He's coping with chemical depression -- and taking antidepressants only serves to compound the issue, as they notoriously lower sex drive.
- He's turned off by something you did -- like lie about money.
- He's turned off because you did something that reminds him of your mother ... or his mother. (Ew.)
- He already took care of "the need" himself too recently.
- His hormone balance is out of whack. (Lower than optimal testosterone or low thyroid, etc.)
- He drank too much and is afraid he won't be able to perform up to par.
- He's feeling insecure about something related to sex, like penis size, how long he can last before ejaculating, etc.
- He's feeling insecure about something else that's linked to his pride/masculinity, like feeling stuck in his career, not making enough money as he'd like, etc.
- He's truly, completely zonked/exhausted/burned out/beyond tired. Yes, men are human, too.
What are some other real reasons your man passes on sex?