As much as we all love and adore our husbands, sometimes it's tough not to wonder how on earth they'd manage to survive without us. And I don't mean physically survive -- I'm simply referring to the little things we take care of for them every day -- that they probably never even consider doing themselves. (Duh, because they know we'll do it for them.)
Before I go any farther, let me just go ahead and put it out there that I'm not saying the men in our life don't work their asses off and bend over backwards to help us out too -- because they most certainly do.
But there are those few little things we have to stop and wonder if they'd ever get accomplished if we were to suddenly stop doing them.
Like these 10 tasks, for example.
- Washing/changing their bath towel -- OMG. Are they immune to how a used towel smells after about a week of showering, let alone much longer than that? If we didn't' regularly put the towels in the wash and switch the ones hanging in the bathroom with clean ones -- our poor husbands would probably use them 365 days a year.
- Changing the sheets -- Another doozie. Would they even notice if they were sleeping on the same sheets for months on end? Maybe, maybe not. Kind of makes you wonder how often they got changed during their bachelor days before you entered the picture. (Oh, and forget making the bed. As if.)
- Cooking (decent) meals -- Like real, honest to God meals. Not toast. Or cereal. Or potato chips. Basically anything that involves the four major food groups.
- Sorting the mail -- Sure, they'll flip through it to take out stuff that belongs to them, but then they'll go and leave the junk mail on the counter in piles for you to throw out.
- Refilling the soap dispenser -- Um ... I don't care how much extra water you put in there -- at some point the soap in the bathroom or kitchen runs out and you either need to refill it, or purchase a new bottle. Husbands simply don't understand this concept. (Same goes for changing the toilet paper roll.)
- Cleaning up the kitchen -- For whatever reason, so many husbands are oblivious to food clogging up the sink drain, or the remnants of dinner that are spattered all over the stove. Sure, they'll load the dishwasher -- but rotting food simply isn't a problem.
- Buying things like toilet paper and toothpaste -- Duh. There's a magical fairy who makes that stuff reappear, so why should dudes bother picking it up on their way home?
- Making doctors appointments -- And dentist appointments and lab tests, etc. Husbands are so bad at taking care of their own health. Huh. Maybe that's one of the main reasons they married us in the first place?
- Shopping for clothes/personal items -- Sure, there are some who love to get their shop on. But for the most part, if it doesn't involve food or technology, men will bitch and moan about holes in their socks and gloves that don't keep their fingers warm -- but they'll never actually buy the stuff they need.
- Keeping track of kids' schedules -- It doesn't matter how many times you've been out of town and they've had to deal with things like after school or weekend sports. If you don't list out where each child has to be at any given time, they'll literally run around in circles.
What things would your husband never accomplish if you didn't do them for him?
Image via emily catherine may/Flickr