7 Reasons You Should Stay Friends With Your Ex
by Ericka Sóuter
November 15, 2013 at 5:22 PM
When it comes to breakups, I have always been a firm believer in severing all ties. Why keep in contact when you hated him enough to end the relationship? But my friends tell me I have it all wrong. Apparently, there are some really good reasons for keeping your ex in your life. Take a look:
- The kids: A cordial relationship with each other can only help the kids. If you can’t live together, you can still have a form of stability for their sake.
- Peace of mind: You don’t have to Facebook stalk him to find out what’s going on in his life. An occasional phone call and you find out all you want to know.
- Leaves the door open: Sometimes you just need to mature a little bit. Once you do, you could end up being perfect for each other.
- Joint gym membership: You signed up together and should stay buddies at least until the contract ends.
- An occasional quickie: This won't work for everyone, but if you parted amicably and neither of you has moved on, why not be friends with benefits when you get lonely.
- He's your best friend: There are certain things you can talk to him about that even your best friend doesn't know.
- Your family loves him: It's hard to completely break that connection when he is so much a part of your life. You may also feel close to his family.
What are other good reasons to stay friends with an ex?
Image Aimee Heart/Flickr
Click "Like" if you're a single mom — and proud!