If you're a parent, then you're probably busy stocking the candy, making sure you have your kids' Halloween costumes ready to go, and planning ahead so you have enough time to get home from work and still take them trick-or-treating at a decent hour.
But even though October 31 tends to cater mostly to little ones, it can actually be quite a bit of fun for adults too. I'm not just talking about 20-somethings who don't have to worry about getting up early to do the school routine the next morning. (Lucky ducks.)
This may sound strange, but when you stop and think about it, Halloween is the perfect night for romance -- even though it's technically the spookiest day of the year.
Here are six reasons why Halloween is pretty darn sexy.
- There's a chill in the air -- And you know what's perfect on a cool evening? Cuddling up under an oversized blanket and smooching in front of the fire after the kids are in bed.
- The scare factor is a turn-on -- Pop in a horror flick, turn out the lights -- and let your imagination run wild until you're too freaked out to let go of your partner. (You know where this is going ...)
- It's a great date night excuse -- Take the kids out trick-or-treating early, and then give yourself a treat and book a babysitter so you can head to a party or a candlelit dinner out. Who needs birthdays or anniversaries to celebrate?
- It's the perfect night to role play -- Ok, so getting into character in the bedroom can be a bit intimidating for some couples, but on Halloween, you're already in costume. You might as well try your hand at role playing. (Could be pretty exciting!)
- You feel sexier -- There's something about dressing up in an outfit that's totally out of character for us (preferably with a really short hem line) that makes us feel alive and gives us a self-esteem boost. And you know what they say -- the hotter you feel, the more confident you are between the sheets. (Or above them. Whatever your pleasure.)
- You're up late and hyped up on sugar -- There's really no difference between going to bed at midnight and going to bed at 1:00 a.m. Might as well squeeze in a roll in the hay -- and maybe it will help work some of the candy out of your system.
Do you and your partner do anything special for Halloween?
Image via 2/Ocean/Corbis