Whether you're married or single, it's pretty easy to get in a sex rut. You do something the same way over and over again because it works.
But instead of just relying on your old faithful skills, why not try to spice things up a bit and tweak your tired technique. You'll be surprised at how amazing it can make things and better, how easy it is to teach an old sexy dog new hot tricks.
1. Watch videos: Now I'm not actually talking about porn, because while it might be good for inspiration, you're watching professionals who are performing. Your best bet is to purchase sex-help DVDs or videos online that show specific techniques you can apply in your own bedroom. Trust me, they can be very helpful. And possibly hot depending on which ones you choose.
2. Read a book: There are no shortage of helpful books on the market to help you get a little better at giving (or receiving). And some of them you can even download right to your Kindle. I do recommend getting books with photos, especially if you're a visual learner. At least for me, I need to see how to do what I'm supposed to be doing.
3. There's an app for that: I've covered a couple of fantastic sex apps that will give you a slew of new and exciting ideas for spicing up your sex life. Just make sure to start password protecting your phone, especially if your kids tend to play game apps on it like mine do.
4. Step out of your comfort zone: Sometimes you have to push the limit a little bit and do things you might not necessarily have thought to do. Put aside your inhibitions and let go a little. Maybe what you once thought was "gross" or "weird" is actually exactly what you need.
5. Ask your partner to show you: I realize that it's easy to get a little offended when your partner asks you to try something a certain way. This doesn't mean that what you're doing isn't working, but rather that they might have something else in mind. What better advice than the person you're sleeping with to give you a little help.
What have you done to spice up your sex skills?
Image via Jean_Koulev/Flickr