Given all of the bratty behavior you hear about brides and their precious wedding days -- like the one who went crazy via text message when she didn't like her gift and the one who made all kinds of unreasonable demands on her bridesmaids -- it's refreshing to hear about a couple who aren't taking it so seriously. In fact, they actually seem to sort of GET the idea of a wedding, which is to have fun. The couple sent out an RSVP card and instead of threatening, cajoling, and guilting their potential guests into attending, their wedding invite was full of, well, HUMOR. I know, shocking!!!
Katie Kerr and Chris Sabino's wedding invite included the usual checklist for people who will be attending and those who won't -- but they did it with a lot more wit than most. "We're just a goofy couple," says Katie.
Those who don't want to attend can choose reasons why, which include:
- I'm lame. On a scale of 1 to 10, my lameness would be in the 9.5 to 9.8 range.
- I'll be watching the Cubs win in the World Series.
Which was crossed out and replaced with:
- These options are meant to be circumstances that could actually happen.
- I'll be visiting, um, Yemen. Yeah, Yemen. But it's a secret trip. So if you ask anyone about it, they won't know what you're talking about.
- I don't know who you people are or how you got my address. Leave me alone!
The "Yes" checklist was just as cute, with options including:
- Two words. Free. Booze.
Oohhh, not only are the couple funny, but they're not going to have a cash bar! If only I weren't going to be in Yemen that day, I would totally go!
Have you ever attended a funny wedding?
Image via Chicago Tribune
I create a special savings account
I put a little away at a time
I cut corners until I can afford it
Save? Who has money to save?
I plan to put it on my credit card and love the benefits of the reward program