"Pick your battles." We've all heard that old adage before and it is never more important to remember than when you are in a relationship. Once the proverbial honeymoon stage is over, you will likely find that there are things that your man does that are downright annoying (and sometimes questionable). Though, most woman say it's best not to nitpick over every every little thing, especially if you feel that you've landed a really good guy. Some will even make excuses for his behavior. Take a look at the most surprising things women tell us they let their men get away with.
- Sports obsession. You may hate sports but you will endure endless hours of hockey, baseball, and football to spend time with him.
- Scratchy facial hair. What's a little discomfort if he likes the way he looks or is too tired to shave.
- Not calling you back right away. He was probably just busy.
- Canceling last minute.
- Blowing you off for his buds. He needs his guy time, after all.
- Forgetting your anniversary. He'll remember next year.
- Flirting with other women when he’s tipsy. He would never do that if he was sober.
- Borrow money and not pay it back.
- Being rude to your friends. They are kinda annoying.
- Asking you to change the way you dress.
- Sending playful text to a coworker.
- Never treating you to dinner (thanks feminism).
- Being late all the time.
- Not wanting to spend time with your family.
- Hanging out with his ex-girlfriend.
Hmm. I bet some of these are dealbreakers for many woman. I know they would for me.
Could you tolerate these things? What other things do we let our guys get away with?
Image via Eli Christman/Flickr