I bet most women would say their husbands would never have a vasectomy without their permission. But a surprising number of them would be wrong. I know a man who did just that years ago and his wife still doesn't know. Outrageous, don't you think? This isn't the only major no-no for a happily married man -- or rather one who wants to stay that way. Check out the 16 things a husband should never consider doing without consulting his wife first.
- Dip into the retirement fund for a surefire investment opportunity.
- Take his entire paycheck to the casino.
- Buy a house. Sure, this is a sweet gesture, but what if you hate it. Or worse, what if it's next door to his mother's.
- Sell the house.
- Invite his mother to live with you.
- Loan his no-good brother/sister more than $50.
- Plan a boys weekend away. This is especially egregious if you have kids.
- Invite your in-laws into the birthing suite when you are in labor.
- Hold a garage sale and sell some of your stuff.
- Paint the house a new color.
- Plan a party at your house that you will have to do all the cooking for.
- Buy a boat, sports car, or any other over-the-top luxury.
- Invite an ex-girlfriend over.
- Plan an expensive, wallet-busting vacation without asking you if it's even a place you want to go.
- Buy a dog. This should definitely be a joint decision, especially since you are going to be the one mostly taking care of it.
- Have a vasectomy (or any other major procedure that involves his private parts).
More from The Stir: 10 Things You Can Never Change About a Woman
What other things should a husband NOT do without his wife's permission?
Image via sboneham/flickr