Fantasizing about sex all day long is just part of being human for many of us. We imagine various scenarios that sound pleasing. We use those scenarios as fuel for our home sexual fire and incorporate them into our daily lives to keep it all fresh and exciting.
Most of the time, we don't act on them. They exist in a sphere where anything goes and real life consequences do not exist. Of course, some people DO take this to the next level. And, naturally, that is when all the problems arise.
Many times, these are base, instinctual urges. These are animalistic cravings that sound so much hotter than they are, which is why they are called "fantasy." Here are 5 common fantasies that can make for hot sex but are better left only in the head:
- Extra Marital Affairs: Oh the thought of an affair is so, so hot. Forbidden fruit, passion, sex, sex, and sex... But then the reality sets in. Lying to a spouse is awful and creates a wedge almost immediately. When you cheat on your spouse, you cheat on the whole family and damage it, many times beyond repair. This is so, so not worth it. Not ever. Just say no.
- Threesomes with Friends/Siblings: Generally I would say threesomes are a bad idea for a married couple or any committed couple. As a friend who had a few of these told me, "it is always better to be the pinch hitter in these scenarios." In other words, be the third wheel, NOT a member of the couple. As a member of the couple you are left with ickiness, jealousy, and sometimes an insurmountable rift. That said if you ARE going to do it, don't do it while pregnant, with someone you know well, or with a sibling. Or all three at the same time. This is just a recipe for disaster.
- Picking up a Hooker: For some men, there is a certain level of eroticism to the idea of paying a woman for intercourse. For women, the idea of BEING paid can be very hot. In real life, the risk of disease and danger is not worth it.
- Being a Stripper: It is one thing to imagine taking off your clothing for dozens of men in a strip club, all eyes on you. It is another to actually have to spread your legs for a leering man you would never even glance at outside the club. Yuck. Better to imagine than to act on this one.
- Forced Sex: A lot of women find the thought of being taken with unbridled passion by a man who just rips your clothing off to be erotic. The actual act of being forced into sex? Much less hot. A friend in college was once asked to break into a woman he was seeing's home, hold a knife to her throat and "rape" her. At that point, he broke up with her. That did not sound sexy to him. That sounded like rape. Keep this one in your head, obviously.
What fantasy do you think is best kept fantasy?
Image via Emilian Robert Vicol /Flickr