My husband and I generally have the kind of relationship in which there are no secrets. I tend to tell him everything and he (I think) does the same with me. And yet, I do think that in marriages, there ARE some things that are best left secret.
I can't say I am the best at this (I tend to just blurt whatever I think, whether it's hurtful or not), but there are some things husbands just don't need to know. Like the fact that you think his best friend is hot or that you really dislike his mom.
Some things are better left unsaid in any capacity. So ladies, shhhhh. Here are five things NOT to say to your husband. These are five secrets we should all keep (if we have them). See below:
- Your ex had a bigger penis than he does: Under no circumstances does your husband ever need to know this in any way, shape, or form. If asked, smile and lie. Seriously. Lie.
- You kissed a guy at your bachelorette party: I know brides who did this and felt horrible, but went through with the marriage and now want to come clean. Um, don't. Are you insane? If it meant nothing and you never plan to do it again, why rock the boat? Why upset him with it? Zip it, lady!
- You kissed a guy on girls' night: Cheating on your marriage is bad. But if a woman drunkenly kisses someone else, immediately feels awful, and never does anything like that again (see above), is that really worth ruining a marriage over? I say no. I say keep it zipped.
- You are really attracted to his brother: Look, if you loved one of the boys in the family, it's totally plausible that you would find the other one attractive as well. This is OK. Telling him? Is not.
- You hate his mother: The reality is, you married her son. You have to deal with her. This is also true if you hate his best friend or his sister. Just suck it up and know you don't have to ALWAYS hang with them.
What secrets do you keep from your man?
Image via thekirbster/Flickr