I was perusing Pinterest last night, and came across this image, which had been pinned by one of my friends along with 1700+ other people ... As I often do, when I run across inspirational quotes, I rolled my eyes, threw up in my mouth a little and questioned my taste in friends.
I mean, I love my husband to death, but is that how I would sum up marriage? Snort.
For me, marriage is more like a never ending game of playing make-believe grown ups, but with real bills to pay and people to take care of. Sometimes, it's wonderful and other times it sucks.
Fortunately, many of my friends could relate (not including, of course, the one who pinned that picture to begin with.)
I asked them to finish the sentence "Marriage is ... " and here are some of my favorite answers ...
1. Marriage is... Never having your fair share of the blanket.
2. Marriage is ... Comfortable, like an old pair of leggings with lots and lots of holes.
3. Marriage is ... Stressful, hard and sometimes full of shit. But also fun, exciting and sometimes with orgasms.
4. Marriage is ... A constant battle to maintain the balance between being parents and lovers, friends and co-workers. And NOT for the faint of heart.
5. Marriage is ... Like walking on a tight rope, and when you fall, having a safety net always there to catch you.
6. Marriage is ... Agreeing to raise your MIL's kid for the rest of his life.
7. Marriage is ... An endurance sport. Pace yourself.
8. Marriage is ... Never what you thought or intended it to be. A true test of your adaptability. And patience.
9. Marriage is ... adopting a fully grown son that is occasionally potty trained & hopefully has a job. Sometimes you get sex.
10. Marriage is ... like that nursery rhyme about the little girl with a little curl. When it's good, it's very good. And when it's bad, it's horrid.
What is marriage to you?
Image via Pinterest; Pin #218706125625460325}