10 Signs You're Being WAY Too Picky
We get it. You want the perfect relationship with the perfect guy and the perfect marriage with the 2.5 perfect children and a white picket fence. Who can blame you for wanting the best for yourself?
The problem is that there is no "perfection" in the world - at least, not the world we live in. Instead, we make do, muddle along, and do the best we can.
So when you're dating and mating, don't be too picky - but don't be too permissive either! Here are some signs that you might have impossible standards.
1) You refuse to go on a date with a guy who has facial hair in his online profile picture because he MIGHT look too scuzzy.
2) You refuse to date anyone who cannot properly punctuate a sentence. Sure, it's annoying, but really, who doesn't love extra commas?
3) You refuse to consider a guy's offer to buy you a drink because you "hate that pickup line."
4) You dump a guy because you loathe the way his friends act in public - even though he's very well behaved.
5) You refuse to consider dating anyone who is vegan, vegetarian, or eats gluten-free because it "limits the places you can eat."
6) You break up with a great guy because he loves the band Rush.
7) You break up with a dude because he sees a therapist, even though you know that perfectly normal people see therapists, too.
8) You refuse to date a guy who has cats because you figure he's a Mama's boy.
9) You assume ALL men are Mama's boys.
10) You refuse a date with a guy whose last name you don't like - just in case you get married. Don't want to be saddled with a bad last name!
What are some other signs you're being too picky when it comes to dating? Have you ever been guilty of this?
Image via M.Pratter/Flickr