Talking dirty can be a tantalizing way to spice up your sex life ... if you can get past the idea of the naughty things you're saying. But you don't have to be a sex kitten to learn how to talk dirty to your guy. Hey, you might even discover that you like how talking dirty makes you feel.
Still, plenty of us feel too shy or embarrassed when we're actually in the moment. How to get over that awkward feeling?
Here are some tips and tricks for mastering the art of dirty talk.
Soft-Core Dirty Talk -- This is what you probably want to start with if you've never talked dirty to your partner before. It's a good way to start out, and can include things like:
"I want you now."
"I love how you touch me."
"I'll do anything you want."
Once you've warmed up to that (try it first with your lights off so if you get shy, he can't see it), you can move on to the next phase.
Hardcore Dirty Talk -- This kind usually involves slang and more vulgar words and phrases, including:
"I want your d*ck inside me now."
"I love how you f*ck me."
"I'll make you c*m so hard."
Here are some tips for making these statements steamy and hot:
1) Remember, it's more important to focus on HOW you say things than WHAT you say. Whisper these in his ear softly, groan and moan in response to what he's doing.
2) Start with fantasies. Tell him what you want him to do to you right now. Be upfront and be sexy about it.
3) Don't EVER try to talk dirty to him if it makes you feel uncomfortable. That's not sexy and it's not fair to you.
4) If your partner tells you things that you don't like to hear, tell him. Talking dirty to each other is supposed to be hot for you both!
5) Relax and go along with it. If you find out that you hate it? That's okay!
Do you talk dirty to your partner?
Image via Katie Tegtmeyer/Flickr