Flowers are the stuff of love and romance. Although I am not a flower person, I would say about 99 percent of women really are and they love to receive flowers from their significant other.
Flowers are a funny thing. They all have meanings assigned to them that not everyone knows about. And most of us have a favorite flower we love to receive that our husband knows by heart. My wedding, for instance, was dripping with lilacs because they are by far my most favorite flower. They signify youthful innocence apparently. Who knew?
For me, they were just about their wonderful smell and their drooping beauty. But, unless a man knows you well, the flowers he brings to your day say more about him than they ever do about "youthful innocence" or "true love." Here are 7 types of flowers and the types of men who bring them:
- Sunflowers: These are a beautiful flower. The man you receive these from is probably unconventional, maybe a bit of a hippy free spirit type, and definitely a lot of fun. He thinks outside the box and can recognize a good flower. This guy's a keeper!
- Tulips: If it's springtime, this flower suggests that this man is the type of person who likes good weather, cares little about convention, and probably went to Amsterdam at some point. Which also may mean he is a pot head. But I digress. This is a fun flower and probably comes with a fun, light guy.
- Daffodils: If you happen to love daffodils or have someone in your family who died of cancer (they are the American Cancer Society flower), then this is a very thoughtful flower. They are also outside the box and a little less expensive, so this is clearly a man who is thinking about finances and will probably make smart financial choices as well as remain thoughtful.
- Roses: This is a double-edged sword kind of flower. On the one hand, it's so romantic and feels a bit extravagant (a dozen red roses are expensive!). It's also kind of a cliche. The kind of man who gives these is traditional. That can be a good thing. But that can also be a bad thing. I would be wary of a man who brings these too early in a relationship.
- Daisies: These are whimsical, colorful, and pretty. I would expect these from a creative type of guy. Maybe an artist or musician.
- Hand-picked wildflowers: To me, this is the ultimate guy. If he spent the time gathering flowers that made him think of me, I know he is a loyal person and someone who likely will consider me and my needs. He's also not a guy who does what everyone else does. A free thinker is a MUST.
- Orchids: I would expect these from an orderly person who likes things clean and simple and has a good sense of design and aesthetics. Maybe someone who is a bit too anal for me, but if you like that, more power to you!
What flowers does your man bring you?
Image via Moyan_Brenn/Flickr