I love the idea of New Year's resolutions, so much so that I make them dutifully every year. Get in shape! Get organized!
Yep, that's right. I even make sexual resolutions.
So, if you're like me and want to put a little fun back into your relationship, here are 10 sexy New Year's resolutions that should definitely be on your list.
1. Have more sex: Yes, it's an obvious one, but seriously, why aren't you having more sex? Make it a priority, even add it to your schedule if you have to. More sex can make your relationship better.
2. Read more erotic romance novels: Don't stop at Fifty Shades of Grey, mamas. There are a whole slew (like millions) of amazing erotic romance novels, even short stories if you don't have the time, just waiting to be read.
3. Try a new sex position: It's easy to get stuck in a rut, especially if you've got a sexual position that always works for you. But hey, why not branch out? Just don't hurt yourself.
4. Get a sex toy: If you don't own a drawer full like me, go out and buy a sex toy for goodness sakes. And if you do, then add a new one to the mix. I'm a fan of couples' sex toys so both of you get to have a little fun at the same time.
5. Talk dirtier: Enough with the silent sex or the "Oh God! Right there!" Snore. Branch out a little and add some sex talk into your bedroom escapades. If you need a little inspiration, erotic romance novels or porn can be a good place to start.
6. Learn a new technique: There are a plethora of books out there that will help you tweak your technique, whether it's how to use your hands, mouth, heck, even feet.
7. Be proud of your body: So maybe this is easier said than done, but this year, stop hiding under the covers and turning off the lights. Nobody really cares about how your body looks except you.
8. Send a sext: Surprise your partner with a dirty photo or a sexy message sent right to your partner's phone. Just make sure you've definitely got the correct number before you hit send.
9. Don't fake it: If you didn't have an orgasm, for God's sake don't fake it. Tell your partner what he or she can do to make you scream with ecstasy.
10. Do something crazy: All your relationship might need is a big jump start. Videotape yourself! Take some nude photos! Dress up and do some role playing. Sure, "crazy" is relative, but what better time to turn things up a notch.
What are your sexual resolutions for 2013?
Photo via je@n/Flickr