9 Reasons Nice Guys Most Definitely Do NOT Finish Last
We all know the saying "nice guys finish last."
But is that really true?
Have you ever dated a nice guy? If you have, you'll know that expression is a crock of BS and you'll never again return to dating jerks. If you haven't dated a nice guy, well, you should try it out.
Here's why nice guys actually finish first.
1) Unlike the jerks out there, nice guys genuinely care about your feelings. If you're having a craptastic day, they'll go out of their way to cheer you up.
2) Nice guys are very thoughtful partners. They know your life, your schedule, your friends, and your likes and dislikes. Not only that, but they'll actually take these things into account and treat you accordingly.
3) Unlike more selfish guys, nice guys are always careful to care about your feelings - and theirs! They're more apt to talk openly about their feelings for you (and other things) and are generally more comfortable in their own skin.
4) Nice guys, unlike so many others out there, are more likely to wear their hearts on their sleeves, not playing games or acting coy to get you to believe they're someone they're not.
5) Relationships are a lot of work, but dating a nice guy (rather than a loser) is a huge deal because they'll do the work that needs to be done.
6) A nice guy will do the little things for you, just because. He's not working an angle or trying to con you, he just wants your life to be a little bit better.
7) A nice guy actually WANTS to know you -- and not just how great you are in bed. He'll be interested in your personality, what you like and don't, as well as making sure he knows what you're thinking and feeling. Pretty darn important!
8) You can actually put your faith in him and take him for his word rather than try to guess what he's doing behind your back or while you're not looking. He's trustworthy.
9) Nice guys are kind. Whether it's to you or to the rowdy family sitting at the table next to you, they're going to be sweet and treat everyone else nicely too.
What are some other reasons why nice guys finish first?
Image via Jan Tik/Flickr
Piping Hot Posts