So you met this guy, right? And he's awesome. He's got the moves, he talks the talk, walks the walk, and frankly, he's perfect...sort of. Sure you can overlook some of the obvious discrepancies in his stories; and maybe there's that other red flag over there...but he's great! Perfect!
Until that nagging feeling in your gut tells you that something is off and you look behind the curtain and see that things are not what they seem.
Here are some of the signs your man? He's using you.
1) He doesn't really make much effort to get to know you - the real you. In fact, he's more interested in telling you how fabulous he is than asking you how your day was.
2) He doesn't pay for anything - doesn't matter if he arranged the dinner or coffee, he's mysteriously broke. All the time.
3) When you do spot him dinner or lunch, he doesn't even thank you for it - it's almost like he expects it.
4) He's totally happy with you paying for his bills - all of them. Rent, car payment, cell phone; you name it - you owe him this one, right? He is, after all, such a great guy (just listen to him tell you!).
5) You're the reason he has no job, car, money - you've done something to "make him this way."
6) You can't remember the last time he made any attempt to make you feel "special" or appreciated - no birthday cards or flowers, no nothing.
7) He only shows you affection when he wants to get you between the sheets.
8) He's only around when he needs you for something.
9) You've never met his family, friends, co-workers or anyone he knows. He'll only hang out if it's the two of you.
10) He doesn't return calls, texts, or emails unless it's because he wants something.
11) His ex is in the picture - whether or not he's blocked you on his Facebook account, they're still hanging out together. But they're really "just friends."
12) There's never any mention of the future together. In fact, if you bring it up, he gets flustered and changes the subject.
What are some other signs he's using you?
Image via Gnarls Monkey/Flickr
Going to baseball games
Riding bike rides in the nice weather
Playing outside after work/school
Going for walks outside