If you've heard it once, you've heard it a thousand times -- date night is a great idea ... in theory. In practice, however, "date night" is often sitting around watching crappy television with your partner after the kids go to bed.
And if, by chance, you do manage to eke out a true date night with a babysitter and everything, it can STILL be hard to manage -- a conversation that doesn't revolve around little Jimmy and how he's adjusting to soccer this season.
SO not sexy.
So here are some tips for making date night SIZZLE!
1) Spend the afternoon getting all dolled up for date night -- take special care to groom your undercarriage. This will make YOU feel sexier and give your partner a sexy surprise later on.
2) Slip into some sexy undergarments. Over dinner, whisper in his ear, "I'm wearing those silk undies you bought me. I can't wait to show you."
3) Drink a little -- not a lot. The last thing you want to deal with on date night is being wasted and unable to even get it on.
4) Any time the conversation gets close to kid stuff, or house stuff, steer it back into the sexy direction.
5) Flirt, really flirt with your partner. Sure, you've been together since the dawn of time, but how often do you get to be flirty? Probably not enough.
6) Book a hotel room for the night so you two can go back there and get down and dirty WITHOUT fear of the kids walking in on you.
7) Slip into the bath together -- let him really bathe you as some amazing foreplay.
8) Sit together during dinner and whisper dirty things into his ear as you stroke his leg.
9) Let your legs intertwine as you roam up them with your foot -- that gives him quite a sexy reaction.
10) While you're wearing sexy stuff underneath, make sure to dress a little sexy (not slutty) for the night. A little cleavage, a shorter skirt, high heels: he'll go wild!
What else can you recommend to help date night sizzle?
Image via eyeliam/Flickr