20 Signs Your Guy May Be a Porn Addict
We all like porn. Let me rephrase that: We all like porn if we're guys. As for the rest of us? Well, we like it too, coy as we may be about it. Whether we sneak a peek online when we're bored or use it as foreplay for those super steamy nights, a lot of us out there are looking at pornography. Come on. Admit it.
But the whole thing can turn ugly when a little porn habit becomes more than just a fun way to spruce up your sex life or pass the time once in a while.
Is your man a porn addict? Are you? Take a look at the following signs of a pornography addiction and see if any sound familiar.
1) His pornography use feels like it's out of control.
2) There is significant guilt associated with looking at porn.
3) He can't stop his pornography habit no matter how hard he tries.
4) He flies off the handle if someone asks him to tone down his use of porn.
5) Pornography consumes all his thoughts.
6) When he's not able to look at porn, fantasies about it fill his head.
7) He hides - or tries to keep secret - his pornography habit.
8) He lives a porn-related double life.
9) He continues to use porn despite obvious negative consequences related to it -- i.e. getting fired for looking at pornography at work or ruining a romantic relationship because of excessive porn watching.
10) He routinely loses all track of time when looking at porn.
11) Pornography has caused significant emotional distance and an inability to be intimate in real interpersonal relationships.
12) He finds himself having to look at more and more pornography for the same thrill he used to get with less.
13) He becomes deeply embarrassed if and when his pornography is discovered and may go as far as to claim it's "not his."
14) He uses porn as a way to cope with life stresses.
15) He'd rather watch pornography than be intimate.
16) He'd rather look at porn than go out with friends.
17) He becomes oddly rough or demanding when you do have sex.
18) He seems distant during sex.
19) Your once thriving sex life has taken a drastic nose dive.
20) He suddenly begins to criticize your appearance, implying you aren't sexy enough.
What are some other signs of a pornography addiction?
Image via AmusingThailand/Flickr
Piping Hot Posts