Kids may say the darnedest things, but guys? Guys are often worse.
I'm not sure if it's a tact gene that's missing from the Y chromosome, but most dudes I know are some of the biggest offenders when it comes to saying the wrong thing.
So guys, listen up: Here are a bunch of things you should NEVER say to your girlfriend.
1) "You're not the prettiest girl I've dated." So what if it's true? You may not be the hottest guy WE'VE dated, but we're not about to SAY so.
2) "You look like my ex." No one wants to be compared to an ex -- unless the ex is a model.
3) "You'd look better if [insert physical characteristic here]." Guys? We don't need to be told we should improve how we look. End of story.
4) "That waitress/chick at the bar is hot!" We get it -- other chicks are hot. We also have eyeballs to see for ourselves.
5) "My mom thinks you should [insert behavior change here]." We like that you've got a good relationship with your mom and all, but we don't need to hear what she thinks we need to improve.
6) "Your sister is a bitch." Hey, we're tight with our family -- family is off-limits. End of story.
7) "If you REALLY loved me, you'd [insert weird sex act here]." Guys, if you really loved US, you wouldn't say that kind of thing.
8) "Wow, you're a lot like your Mom." We may love our mother dearly -- but every girl has a secret fear of turning into her.
9) "I don't want to have sex tonight." It's a double-standard, we know, but it hurts our feelings to hear.
10) "We should go on a diet." We don't need you to remind us we need to drop a few pounds.
11) "Let's have a threesome with your best friend -- she's hot." Just, no.
12) "This one time I [incredibly long, detailed story about a sexual encounter]." We know you've had sex before us -- but we don't need it rubbed in our face.
13) "You're being too emotional." Guys, that's what we DO! We're emotional creatures! Leave us to it!
14) "There's no way that small shirt is gonna fit you." We don't need fashion advice from you, Mr. Potbelly.
15) "C'mon, I hate using condoms." Safe sex is where it's at -- you don't like it? There's the door.
16) "What's your (sex) number?" Not your business, thankyouverymuch.
17) "You're overreacting." Trust us, we'll figure it out. Just let us vent.
18) "Is it 'that time of the month'? Because you're being a bitch." Guys, don't assume we're crabby because we're on our periods.
19) "You look really different in the mornings." Okay, so we don't wake up freshly showered with a full face of makeup. Sue us.
20) "It's a guy thing. You wouldn't understand." Actually, we probably do understand ... that you're a douche-bag.
What are some other things a guy should never say to a girl?
Image via Incase/Flickr