It may be hard to believe, but men say no to sex sometimes, too. Oh yes, sometimes even the most promiscuous loverboy pulls the old "I have a headache" excuse and it's really code for something darker or potentially hurtful or even shocking. Even more shocking than some of the responses I got on "35 Brutally Honest Reasons Women Say No to Sex."
Because I featured the women's real excuses, I felt it fair to let our masculine counterparts spill their secrets. I polled many men, some were afraid to share, others ... well, they showed no mercy.
Brutally honest can be brutal, so ladies, just know this may be a hard one to (ahem) swallow. These are the real reasons men say no to sex.
- I feel fat.
- You got fat and I'm not finding you attractive anymore.
- I drank too much whiskey and that means my dick will be useless.
- I think I'm about to have a herpes outbreak.
- I'm too tired out from having sex with someone else last night.
- I don't have a condom and I'm afraid you have a disease.
- The last girl I had sex with got pregnant and I'm scared of that happening again.
- I'm just not that into you.
- You just had our baby and I need time to sort out my emotions.
- You just lay there when we have sex and that's not enough for me.
- You said no to me last night so I'm saying no to you tonight.
- Work is stressing me out and that's all I can think about.
- Your breath smells.
- Because I just watched you take a poop because you left the door open and that's not exactly something that puts me in the mood.
- You give bad head.
- There's a piece of toilet paper stuck in your bush.
- You hurt my feelings when you told your friend that our sex only lasts eight minutes.
- I'm intimidated by the amount of sexual partners you had before me.
- I don't think my penis is big enough for you.
- The sex faces you made the last time freaked me out.
- Because you have your period and I think that's gross.
- I've been having trouble getting hard and I don't want to deal with it.
- You are way too aggressive.
- I'm depressed. I think I need help.
- You seem depressed and I think you need help.
- You don't want to try new things and I'm tired of the same old with you.
- Because I want anal and you keep saying no.
- You don't seem to enjoy yourself when we have sex and you don't tell me what I can do to make you enjoy it.
- Because we aren't connecting much lately, we barely talk, and I need that too.
- You treat me like shit. Why would I want to have sex with you?
- Because you are too bossy.
- You lied about what you spent that money on (and other things) and that makes me not interested in you sexually.
- Because you take too long to come and I just want a quickie.
- I'm tired of you saying "stop" or "don't do that."
- Because you are acting like my mother, not my lover.
Image via marc falardeau/Flickr