Anyone who thinks that orgasms don't matter is probably not having as many of them as they should. Orgasms are pretty nifty and feel so good, but they are also part of a healthy lifestyle for any woman.
Sex therapist Dr. Natasha Valdez is famous for touting why orgasms are so good. Her new book -- Vitamin O: Why Orgasms Are Vital to a Woman's Happiness, and How to Have Them Every Time -- came out May 1. In it, Dr. Natasha explains the health benefits of regular orgasms, which include:
The problem is, not all of us are having them. In fact, 10 to 15 percent of women never climax under any circumstances.
Dr. Natasha can help change that. She chatted with The Stir and gave us her 25 top tips for having more (and better) orgasms.
1. Have sex regularly with yourself or with your partner: People always assume "sex" means two people, but masturbation is such a valuable tool in learning to get to know your body and what makes it go OFF.
2. Kegels during sex: Are you doing your Kegels? If not, follow these tips from the Mayo Clinic to strengthen your pelvic floor and enhance sex.
3. Self-pleasure weekly: Weekly is a bare minimum for self-pleasure.
4. Know your body well: Your body may not be thin enough or fast enough, but enjoy it for what it CAN do and you will be so much happier.
5. Learn to de-stress: Meditation, yoga, and other relaxation techniques can help improve your sex life.
6. Clear your brain: This follows along with de-stressing.
7. Show your partner how you like it: You have to know your own body to do this, but mutual masturbation is a great way to really have mind-blowing orgasms.
8. Tell your partner how you like it: Words can be so much sexier than actions when it comes to sex.
9. Ask for more foreplay: You will have better orgasms if you tease yourself up a bit first.
10. Give yourself more foreplay: Get yourself started and THEN let him join in.
12. Keep a vibrating bullet nearby: This is even better and easier to access while he is on top. Your hand won't get smooshed!
13. Feeling connected to your partner increases your chances so ... CONNECT: It's not all about the bedroom. Talk about your days, remember why you love each other. Then lean back ... and let go!
14. Oral sex ... lots of it: Give AND receive.
15. Moan louder as you get closer: Noise HELPS. You may think it doesn't but it does. It's part of letting go.
16. Increase the sensitivity of the labia and clitoris by pumping more blood into it: The NuGyn Therapy Device works well for this.
17. Love your lady parts: Think your vagina is ugly? Think again! Find out why he can't get enough of it.
18. Don't smoke: This one is obvious.
19. Don't over-imbibe: Ditto here.
20. Take a yoga class and make love right after. Same goes for Pilates.
21. Stop faking: The quickest way to NEVER have one is to pretend like you did. No one will learn anything.
22. Focus on the clitoris and first third of the vagina.
23. During intercourse, have him massage your G-spot with his penis.
24. Stimulate your clitoris during sex with a Hitachi Magic Wand.
25. Keep an open mind and never ever tell yourself you can't have one!
Are you getting enough Vitamin O?
Image via Amazon