Michael Phelps is making a media splash again, and this time it's not because of his smoking habits.
The 16-medal OlympianFriday night at the Mondrian Hotel in Los Angeles.
Meanwhile, TooFab reports that despite the rumors, Phelps is still with his long-time girlfriend Miss California USA 2010 Nicole Johnson.
At least this news means that I'm only competing with one woman for Phelps' attention instead of two. So what if he's not a true classic hunk like George Clooney or an intellectual like Mark Zuckerberg? Phelps' athletisicm not only makes him attractive, but boosts him up on my celebrity crush list.
Forget a trophy husband. This guy actually has trophies.
There's just so many reasons why having my Olympic crush on my arm would make this the best holiday season ever ...
1. Phelps was Sports Illustrated's Sportsman of the Year in 2008. I'm pretty sure that means he would have plenty of stories to entertain every man at the Thanksgiving table. Can you say ideal?
2. He knows how to execute his strokes. Enough said.
3. Phelps is originally from the Baltimore area. I've never been there, and it may be just the excuse I need to get out of the northeast, and avoid some of the classic Thanksgiving mishaps around grandma's house.
4. He's fast. So fast, in fact, that I probably wouldn't have to worry about cutting corners to save sanity this turkey day. I'd just put him on turkey and stuffing duty.
5. Since Mikey is so well-traveled, he'll probably know how to keep his calm when we bounce from house-to-house. That, or we'll just hop on a private jet.
6. Phelps is projected to become the richest professional swimmer ever. I'm thinking that means picking up the Michael Kors watch, cashmere sweater, and new straightener I'm longing for should be no problem at all.
7. After the whole pot fiasco, he knows the meaning of a good apology. Why does this matter? Well you better believe he'll be apologizing if I don't get the aforementioned items (I'm not materialistic, really).
8. His physique is perfect for the holidays. From moving the furniture around to make space for my Thanksgiving table to chopping down and setting up my Christmas tree, I'll have my own personal mover helper!
Are you a Michael Phelps fan? What celebrity would you want by your side this holiday?
Image via The Wolf/Flickr