I have to give my man props: He's probably the least forgetful, most cooperative individual I've ever dated. So when I say that men are uber forgetful as a whole, it's nothing against you necessarily honey. It's just ... I'll never understand why it's hard to save a date in a damn iPhone. Or set a reminder. Or GAH -- circle an appointment. For every single man ... ever.
Well get this -- there's now science that proves men everywhere are forgetful! According to new research published in BMC Psychology, men are more forgetful than women, regardless of their age. You can now praise the mighty heavens that you are NOT crazy, and feel a little bit better knowing that it's not 100 percent your man's fault that he's bad at remembering your anniversary.
Now, if only we had hope that there were studies that explained these other wacky male behaviors ...
1. Why does he always leave the seat up?
2. Farting in bed. Hello, there's someone else in there!
3. Leaving bathroom cabinets open
4. Leaving at least three pairs of shoes by the front door at all times.
5. Totally incapable of providing accurate time estimates. The phrase "I'll be there in 10 minutes," could mean "I'll be there in an hour."
6. Leaving the Brita out
7. Running up the stairs ... every single time.
8. Snoring. Sleeping on the right side. Sleeping on the left side. Sleeping belly-up. UGH!
9. Pushing the dinner table chairs back IN after a meal
10. Illegible. Handwriting.
What annoying man behaviors do you wish there were explanations for?
Image via Robert S. Donovan/Flickr