Anniversary. The word by itself sends chills down the spines of most men in the country. If they're not worried about forgetting the anniversary of your first date, they're worried that what they've planned for that particular anniversary just won't be good enough. Regardless, they exist, and for some couples, there's many of 'em. Just the other day a girlfriend of mine had to ditch out of our long overdue coffee date early because she and her boyfriend were going out to dinner to celebrate the anniversary of their first kiss. A month ago, another girlfriend of mine was asking for advice on what to wear to go out with her husband to celebrate the day she introduced him to her parents (yes, I'm serious).
Regardless of the fact that I would NEVER celebrate something like that (no offense), it got me thinking -- what other sorts of "anniversaries" do couples celebrate? Thus I present you with 10 real anniversaries that should never be celebrated in a relationship:
1. The first time he walked in on you naked, unintentionally.
2. The first time he caught you using the bathroom with the door open.
3. The first time he just had to make you dinner ... and failed.
4. The first time you held hands in public (how corny are we, really?).
5. Your second date ... when you ran into your ex-boyfriend.
6. The first time he allowed you to pick out his clothes (he's regretted it ever since).
7. The day he gave you his email password. (Major. Mistake.)
8. The time your parents caught you doing the dirty.
9. The first time you offered to help him cut his hair and TOTALLY screwed up.
10. The day he dubbed you with the pet name "bave" because "babe" was too generic.
What awkward relationship milestones do you commemorate with your partner?
Image via Source/Corbis